Search This Blog

Monday, December 10, 2012

Moving Back Home

Well, the economy strikes again.  You can see I haven't posted in awhile.  Life got busy and then utter chaos.  My husband lost his job due to consolidation.  Since we were living halfway across the country from pretty much ALL our relatives (ie...support system), we discussed the opportunity to move back.  All signs pointed to it being a good time to do so.  His job ended the later part of June, less than a week later, husband, son and all of our stuff was in a moving truck heading back here to Arkansas.  I stayed behind in Washington until our house sold, which was finalized at the end of July.  Luckily, we had a great realtor and our house sold quickly.  We owed about what it was worth, but had to borrow the money from relatives to pay for closing.  I hated to be in debt further, but it was better to be done with it and not trying to manage a rent house from that far away.

My husband found a new job, so that allowed me to quit my job in Washington and get myself back home.  Luckily, I was approved for unemployment since my husband is the major bread winner of the family and his job change allowed for an acceptable reason to quit and move. 

Next problem, hubby's new job cause strain on his back (which already gave him fits), so then back surgery.  Luckily his new job had GREAT insurance and short term disability.  He's recovering fine and not too far from going back to work, at least on light duty.  Thank goodness for relatives (support system) to stay with while recovering.

Since hubby will be going back to work shortly, we are moving into an apartment next week to be closer to his job.  Gas prices are abit better, but still pretty high at $3.00 a gallon.  So look for new postings from me.  I will posting about frugally living in an apartment.  How frugal will I get?  That will depend on when and if I find a job!  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment