Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Coupon Swap Experiment

I found a coupon swap technique in a book called "Shop, Save, and Share" by Ellie Kay.  I'm going to try an implement it at my work place and see if it will take off.  Here's the instructions from the book.

1. Coupons are in zipping plastic bags and contain a name card in the front of each bag.  A name card is an index card-size piece of paper with names signed on it.
2. Please take a bag and remove the coupons you want from that bag.  Sign your name on the card.  DO NOT ADD NEW COUPONS TO AN EXISTING BAG.
3. Put the coupons you are donating in a new bag with your name signed on a new card.  Place the new bag in the swapbox.
4. In the future, only pick those bags without your name on the name card.  (You've already gone through the coupons in the bags with your name on them.)
5. Place all the expired coupons in a bag marked "EXPIRED COUPONS."  We will send these to military families overseas.
6. Have fun!  If you have any questions, please call the coupon coordinator, ________ at ________.

There are NO stores around here that double coupons.  The most one ever gets is a couple "double your coupon" coupon every other month (and thats just from one store).  But I am committed to saving the most that I can from coupons.  I used a $3.00 coupon on my dog food the other day.  I have another coupon for the next time also!

No comments:

Post a Comment