Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Splurges.....aka Starbucks Coffee

I'll admit it.......I'm a coffee snob.  If I ever go buy a drink at a coffee shop, its almost always Starbucks.  Venti Mocha with 4 splenda please!  I just thoroughly enjoy the taste of their coffee.  $4 a pop for a cup of coffee is not within my normal budget.  So I buy the Starbucks house blend at the grocery store and on my days off or weekends, we fix that instead of our normal Folgers.  Sure its more expensive to buy than Folgers, but we dont use it everyday and $11 for a 20oz bag (last more than a month) is much cheaper than $4 a pop for one cup.  Some people like the coffee house drinks for the shot of extra flavor they can get put in.  Vanilla, hazelnut, mocha, carmel.....etc......  My friends will splurge on the more expensive flavored creamers for their coffee instead of buying at the coffee house.  The point is you dont have to strip yourself of all the pleasures in life.  You leave yourself feeling depraved and after awhile that will depress you or lead to a spending spree that will hurt your pocket book.  What do you enjoy that you feel is a splurge?  How can you get it for less?

No comments:

Post a Comment